The 10 Best Master's Dissertation Topics In Nursing
One of the major assignments that you will be responsible for when you are nearing the end of your degree program is to write a dissertation. It is a major paper that you will be asked to write that adds to the overall knowledge in your field. It is likely the largest paper that you have to write to date. You will need to spend a lot of time working on this paper because it shows that you understand what you have learned and that you are ready to be considered a scholar in the field instead of just a student.
Choosing a topic for this paper is not an easy task. You will have to get your board to approve your idea before you can even start writing the paper. There are a few things that your topic have to possess which include it being interesting, relevant, and unique. It has to be interesting because it is easier to write about a topic that interests you. You will tend to know a little more on topics that you are interested in. Plus, you will be researching the topic in depth so it would make a lot of sense if it was interesting. It obviously should be relevant to your course study. It must also have to be unique. You can build on a study that has already been studied but it has to enhance it and not just talk about it. Here are some great topics to get you started.
- Evolution of nursing home care: United States
- Breaking bad news: nursing strategies
- Cultural barometer: call for improvements in the field
- Developments in testing for Down’s Syndrome test
- Schwartz Rounds: analysis and suggestions for improvement
- Palliative care: nursing skills and spiritual awareness
- Intuition: evidence-bases nursing practices
- Psychiatric nursing: mental effects of the field
- Nursing techniques: dealing with elderly and diet control
- Public health programs: stress relief for young teens
You will have to narrow down your paper just a tad to include a specific area of the world, company, age group, or any other criteria to narrow the search a little. That way you can ensure that your topic is unique and it will also make sure that you don’t have to make broad generalizations. You should start formulate your dissertation proposal as soon as you decide on the topic.